How Does Ad Badger Sync with Amazon?
There are several sync-events that Ad Badger performs with Amazon to ensure the most accurate data to perform optimizations. Learn more about them now:
- Initial Sync: When you first sign up with Ad Badger, we pull the maximum amount of data allowed by Amazon, 60 days of data.
- Automatic Daily Sync: Every day, we extract another day's worth of data, with the exception of the the last two days because data from the previous 48 hours are notably unreliable, both from the API as well as from Amazon itself.
- It's important to be aware of this 48 hour delay and to never make any optimization decisions based on this data. The Team discusses this data-delay in this podcast episode.
- During daily sync, Ad Badger also pulls in any new campaigns, ad groups, keywords, etc. that you created over the previous 48 hours, but it will not have any report data just yet.
- Attribution Sync: As you may know, Amazon has potentially a 30-day delay in reporting its revenue to ads. This is when a user clicks on an ad on the 1st of the month but doesn't convert until the 10th of the month. Ad Badger extracts older historic data to account for this attribution lag to ensure we always make the smartest decisions for your campaigns. These happen periodically throughout the month.
- The Epic 180 Day Data View: In Amazon, much of your data is limited to viewing 60 days at a time, such as a search term report in Amazon. In Ad Badger, we offer an Epic 180 Day Data view so you can make decisions based on aggregate data. We're working on building even longer time frames for premium plans-- stay tuned!
- Manual Sync: Ad Badger v2 also offers a manual sync, which allows you to extract new data from the past 30 days, as well as any new campaigns created since the last daily sync. You are only able to perform manual sync once a day. Learn more about Manual Sync.
Those 4 automatic syncs and manual sync cover all the bases to ensure you have the most up-to-date data to optimize your campaigns.
If you still have any questions, don't hesitate sending us a message with the chatbot in the corner of the screen or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!