When setting up Bids by Badger and turning on Ad Badger's bid automation algorithm, you might notice that:
- You can set a Target ACOS at the Campaign level
- Then, you can customize settings (Min Bid, Max Bid, Target ACOS) at the individual keyword or target level
The question some people might have is "Does Ad Badger prioritize the Campaign or Keyword-level Target ACOS?"
The answer is:
- Ad Badger first looks at your campaign Target ACOS. Its main goal is to prioritize getting the campaign itself to the Target ACOS.
- If the campaign is OVER Target ACOS (i.e. you set a 10% Target ACOS, and you are currently at 20% ACOS), Then Ad Badger will be conservative with how it optimizes keyword-level bids. This means we will focus spend on reliable converters to get the campaign under the Target ACOS.
- Once the campaign is UNDER Target ACOS (i.e. you set a 10% Target ACOS, and you are currently at 8% ACOS), then Ad Badger will be more aggressive with how it optimizes keyword-level bids. This means in addition to getting maximum spend on reliable converters, we will also test lower-data keywords with more gusto and high bids.
So you can say, Ad Badger balances both your campaign goals, as well as your keyword goals. If you have any other PPC questions feel free to contact our PPC Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.